Lesley Michaelis's blog
The Quantum Plus Agile Special Interest Group met on 14 July and discussed the following agenda items.
- How to implement Agile into your organisation
- Experience and lessons learned as well as some recommended approaches as to how to implement Agile into your organisation and capitalise on the benefits of Agile delivery
- Sourcing the right Agile partner for your organisation
- Exploring and discussing best practice methods of how to source the ideal Agile partner for your organisation
The session started with a discussion around how to implement Agile and a number of critical practices that should be adopted if the potential of Agile is to be capitalised on
The April 2016 Supplier Management Special Interest Group built on the themes from the previous session and further elaborated on the Supplier Management Framework, including a description and discussion on what “best in class” looks like as well as how to ensure effective benefits realisation from the supplier relationships that you have in place.
Peter presented the overall 10-point framework and explained that a ‘best in class’ strategic supplier management framework should:
Following the Group’s last meeting in 2015 which focused on successful multi-location working, the latest Agile Special Interest Group was held in London on 28th January 2016.
The agenda covered:
- How to engage with the Business
- Building trust
- Role of the Business
- Making it happen
Contracting and supplier management
The world of IT supplier management is becoming ever more complex, with a constantly changing array of new suppliers offering fresh and exciting services such as Agile, Cloud and SaaS challenging the established supplier landscape.
How can you choose the best business partner(s) amongst all the noise?
How do you maintain good relationships throughout the term with your current incumbent supplier?
How do you ensure that you receive the value promised at signature?
And how do you constantly strive for the innovation that allows your company to get ahead of competitors?